Active Emeritus Attorney
For over 25 years, Mr. Peterson’s practice has focused on the collection of debts. He has represented multiple well-known businesses and individuals and has handled thousands of accounts and recovered millions of dollars over the years. Mr. Peterson received his B.A. degree from Brigham Young University and his J.D. degree from University of Utah College of Law. He has published articles in the Utah Bar entitled “In Defense of the Collection Lawyer” (July 16, 2009), “Utah Uniform Land Sales Act,” and “Utah Administrative Rule Making Act.” He has also lectured to Utah State Bar members on the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, automation and debt collection, and problem collections and continuing garnishments. Mr. Peterson is licensed to practice in Utah.
Education & Academic Achievements
- Bachelor of Arts Brigham Young University
- Juris Doctor University of Utah
- All Utah State Courts
- United States District Court (Utah)
Clientele & Areas of Practice
- Creditor’s Rights:
- Consumer, medical, student loans, commercial, secured or unsecured, auto, etc.
- Lift of stay, workouts, non-dischargeability, preferential transfers, etc.
- Estate Planning:
- Wills, Trusts, Power of Attorney, Medical Power of Attorney, Estate beneficiary disputes
- Personal Injury:
- Auto accident or Other injury
- Family Law
- Divorce, Custody, Adoption